Sun, Mar 26, 2023
student helpline number : 1800-833-3338

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Why choose Rus Education?

With experience of 25 years and a team of experts from India and Russia, Rus Education is the only organization authorized by Russian Centre for Science and Culture (Cultural Department of The Embassy of Russian Federation in India) to provide admission to Indian students in top Russian universities. At Rus Education we give comprehensive information about study opportunities in the universities of Russia. Commitment of best service and personalized approach to the aspiring students makes us number one in this field.

Q. Does the student have to give any entrance examination prior to joining MBBS in Universities of Russia?

Unlike the other countries, there are no pre-qualifying examinations like TOEFL, IELTS, etc. for admission to MBBS course in Russia. The admissions are based on the 12th standard marks for the Graduate courses and as per the equivalency of the Indian graduate degree with the Russian degrees for the postgraduate courses. All admissions are strictly on a first come first serve basis.

Q. What is the Eligibility Criteria to get admission for pursuing MBBS in Russia?

As per Medical Council of India the minimum qualification for Indian Students to study in these countries is 50% in physics, chemistry and biology in 12th standard. In case of SC/ST it is 40%. The minimum age should be 17 years.

Indian students intending to obtain primary medical qualification from any medical institution outside India, on or after 1st May 2018, shall have to mandatorily qualify NEET "National Eligibility -cum Entrance Test for Admission to MBBS Course.

Q. What is the medium of teaching?

Medium of Instruction is in English with help of Russian Language. Clinical subjects (Hospital training in most Medical Universities of Russia are taught in Russian Language because students have to interact with patient directly.) Every Medical University of Russia has a Russian Language Department where specific terminology is taught in Russian in context to MBBS.

Q. When the academic year does starts in Universities of Russia?

Academic year in all Universities of Russia starts from 1st September.

Q. After completing the course can I do my internship from India?

Yes, on completing the course students need to appear for MCI screening examination, once clearing the MCI screening examination, student can do internship in India.

Q. How many times I can appear in MCI Screening Test?

Students get unlimited chances to appear in MCI Screening Test. MCI conducts screening test twice an year i.e. June and December. Our students clear MCI Examination easily as Rus Education provides coaching for the same.

Q. Can I practice in my country or can I get a job in a government Hospital on my return?

Rus Education provides admission in Top Government Medical Universities of Russia that are recognized by MCI and WHO so student is eligible to get a job in any government or private hospital after completing his degree from Russia (as per MCI Norms).

Q. Can I get an education loan?

Rus Education provides the necessary documents required for Education Loan from private and nationalized banks. We also provide you with the reference of the students who have got the loan approved for the detailed information on the process involved in the sanctioning of the same.

Q. What is the duration of MBBS course from these countries?

Duration of MBBS in Russia in English Medium is 6years. Students can also opt for MBBS in Russian Medium. Duration of which is 7 years which includes 1 year as Russian Language Training (Preparatory Faculty).

Q. Can a student come back to India in holidays? What is the holiday period?

Students get vacation in the month of July & August. In summer vacations they have to complete hospital training which is the part of academic curriculum. Some universities allow students to complete hospital training in their native countries. So students can come back home in starting of the holidays. In other universities students complete hospital training in University hospitals so students can only come back to native country on completing the training.

Apart from vacations students can come back home in case of emergency conditions with prior permission from university officials.

Q. Can a student earn while learning?

No, a student cannot do a job while studying since he/she is having a student visa.

Q. Who does the student contact there if he/she has any queries, problems at the university or hostel?

Almost in all universities of Russia Rus Education has their own representatives, students can directly contact our representatives 24 x 7. Our representative lives in the hostels with the students. Students can also contact International Students Department (Dean Office for foreign students) in respective universities.

Q. What will be the average monthly Expenses?

As per our experts at Rus Education, students should need approximately 50$ per month apart from Mess. This figure is approximate and would differ on individual lifestyle.

Q. Is Medical Treatment available in the University?

Every university has dedicated student’s clinics in university premises. Students can get medical treatment from those clinics. Apart from that Rus Education provides Medical Insurance to all students which is compulsory while travelling abroad. This medical Insurance helps them to get medical treatment from government hospital in their city.

Q. How Can Parents Send Money to their Children? Can students open a bank Account there?

Students can take International debit card, forex card or hard cash (USD) with them. Rus Education representatives present in respective universities help students in opening a bank account in Local Bank.

Q. What do you mean by signing of a contract with the university?

As per the regulations of Universities, all International students sign a contract at time of admission. This contract specifies educational responsibility on the part of the university and responsibilities of the students. This contract is general in nature and a statutory requirement in these countries.

Q. It is known that Russia is a very cold country, what are the arrangements made by the university?

All the establishments like university buildings, hostels, classrooms and hospitals are centrally heated. This heating system is regulated by the local municipal departments. Students have the access to centrally heated hostels, and 24hours running hot and cold water.