NTA NEET 2020 COVID-19 ADVISORY
The Indian government and the honorable Supreme Court has decided to hold the NEET exams on 13th of September with more than 10 lakh students confirmed to appear. In the situation of the covid 19 pandemic, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued an elaborate advisory for the safe and sound conduct of the NEET exams.
From pre-examination, to during examination and post examination, a long list of protocols has been listed to be followed by students, attendants and the staffs alike. The main objective is to ensure safe and secure environment for all stakeholders involved in the examination process using touch-free processes wherever needed, and maintain social distancing guidelines issued by the Indian government.
The Admit Card itself has detailed instructions about the measures issued for the exam.
- For the candidates at the examination center, a social distancing rule will be followed to avoid the jam-packed crowd of candidates at the examination center.
- Even in the examination hall, the students’ seating arrangements will be done keeping in mind the social distancing measure.
- Staggered Time Slot for the candidates reporting at the examination centers – to be printed as “Slot (time)” such as 11.00 A.M. -11.30 A.M.
- List of items permitted in exam rooms.
- A hyperlink to location of the centre so that Candidate may verify the location of the centre in advance by clicking on the link (when candidate clicks the Centre details).
- In case of Person with Disability (Pwd) candidate availing a scribe, both the candidate and scribe are required to wear the masks.
- For the staff at the Examination center, there are rules and regulations formulated to avoid social contact with the staff and the candidates alike.
- Gloves & Masks for all staff on examination duty
- Gloves & Masks for candidates in case they do not come with their own, as a requirement for admission into Examination Centres.
- Hand Sanitizer at entry and inside the Examination Centres as needed.
For the Examination center, there are guidelines issued to ensure safer conduct.
- Maintaining social distancing among staff and students.
- Maintaining an inventory of hand sanitizers, disinfectants, and thermal scanners for every entry, classroom, washroom and building floors and corridors.
- Spray entire examination centres floors and walls, doors, gates, with disinfectant backpack spray machines.
- Fresh mask and gloves to be used by exam functionary after staff verification is done o Replenish all sanitizer bottles at entry gate, rooms, Registration desks, server room, staff/observer room, etc.
- Replenish all liquid hand wash bottles in restrooms and entry gate whenever required.
- Candidate Seating Area to be thoroughly sanitized (desk and the chair).
- Clean and disinfect all the washrooms.